A by-election is scheduled for September 30, 2017 to fill vacancies. One Mayor and two Councillors will be elected to serve the remainder of the Council term, ending in October 2018.
Will take place at Heritage House, 100 Lorne Street from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on the following days:
- Wednesday, September 20
- Thursday, September 21
- Wednesday, September 27
Will take place on Saturday, September 30, 2017 from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm in the following locations:
|Lloyd George Elementary School||830 Pine Street|
|Aberdeen Elementary School||2191 Van Horne Drive|
|South Sahali Elementary School||1585 Summit Drive|
|Dufferin Elementary School||1880 Hillside Drive|
|Beattie Elementary School||492 McGill Road|
|Valleyview Secondary School||1950 Valleyview Drive|
|Dallas Elementary School||296 Harper Road|
|Rayleigh Elementary School||306 Puett Ranch Road|
|NorKam Secondary School||730 12th Street|
|Parkcrest Elementary School||2170 Parkcrest Avenue|
|Westmount Elementary School||745 Walkem Road|
|Arthur Stevenson Elementary School||2890 Bank Road|
Voting Locations Map
Who Can Vote?
You can vote in the election in Kamloops if you:
- Are a Canadian citizen
- Are 18 years of age or older on general voting day
- Have lived in B.C. for at least six (6) months.
- Have lived in Kamloops for at least thirty (30) days.
- Are not disqualified by law from voting
To vote Kamloops by-election you must present two pieces of Identification, at least one with your signature and one with your address.
Here are the kinds of ID that are acceptable:
- B.C. Driver’s License (a combined BC Driver’s Licence/CareCard will be accepted as ONE piece of identification)
- B.C. Care Card or BC Gold Care Card
- B.C. ID issued by the Motor Vehicle Branch
- ICBC Owner’s Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle License
- Ministry of Social Development and Economic Security Request for Continued Assistance Form SDES8
- Social Insurance card
- Citizenship Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Property tax notice
- Credit card or debit card
- Utility bill for electricity, natural gas, water, telephone or cable services
- Welfare cheque stub showing name and ID number
- Statutory declaration or sworn affidavit (from a notary public, lawyer, or commissioner for taking oaths).