Sustainable Development Goals Workshop
The TRU Sustainability Office invites people of all ages, from Kamloops and our surrounding region, to participate in a FREE intergenerational and interactive workshop on Tuesday, March 6th 2018 (2-5pm) at the TRU New Residence Multi-Media Room.
It features the BC Council for International Cooperation(BCCIC)’s Executive Director (Michael Simpson) and Program Officer (Dan Harris). Notably, their organization recently published the Invisible Mosaic report.
Members of the public & Not-For-Profit Organizations who attend can expect to: 1) Share what your organization is already doing; 2) Have opportunities for collaboration; 3) Meet potential student volunteers or future employees; 4) Contribute to the creation of a localized action plan for Kamloops and region; 4) Discuss strategies to work on a local scale with the global agenda and vice versa; 5) Strengthen the interconnectivity of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) while diving deeper into SDG #2 (Zero Hunger), SDG #3 (Good Health and Well-Being), SDG #11 (Sustainable Cities & Communities), #12 (Responsible Consumption & Production).
Benefits to eager young people who attend:
1) Amplify your ability to take action on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals;
2) Network with local organizations and BCCIC’
3) Bring your insight and advocate for the issues that matter specifically to you;
4) Dive deeper into Zero Hunger, Good Health and Well-Being, Sustainable Cities and Communities, Responsible Consumption and Production’
5) Contribute to the creation of a localized action plan for Kamloops; 6) Learn how to work on a local scale with the global agenda and vice versa;
6) Be inspired.
In addition to networking and community building, there will be free coffee and snacks to enjoy!
Mar 6, 2018 at 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM