File online on time — for free!
The Canadian Federation of Students and Canada’s favourite online tax preparation website, UFile ONLINE, have joined together to provide FREE online tax preparation and filing for all Canadian post-secondary students. Student at Thompson Rivers University can file their taxes online for free using the following process.
In order to be elligible for this offer you must be a resident of Canada, have paid tuition fees in the last year, and have attended post-secondary education for at least one month during the tax year being prepared. Further, you must also be designated as the primary member of the family for purposes of your tax file in UFile.
- Go to Ufile.ca (Click on the Ufile.ca logo above)
- Log in to an existing Ufile account or create a new account for the current tax year
- From your T2202A (Tuition Fees Tax Recipt) enter your tuition fees and months at post-secondary during the tax year and click next
- Locate the “Special Offer” form in Ufile’s quick navigator on the left of the screen
- Enter the Following Canadian Federation of Students “Free for Students” special offer code: FAY1493
- Click next
- Complete the rest of your tax information (T4’s, chartiable giving, etc)
- You can print and mail your tax return or NETFILE your return with the Canada Revenue Agency when you are ready — FREE OF CHARGE!
If you can transfer tuition credits to your parents or grandparents, you may prefer to have your tax return completed together with theirs. UFile will carry tuition credits that are not used or transferred to a supporting person in the current year forward for future use by the student.