Why would your Club change its Signing Authority?

Often clubs find that their signing authority circumstances change. People take a semester off, go on Co-Op, or complete their studies. Your club must register this change with the Students’ Union to ensure that you have access to the full range of club services covered by The Student Union’s insurance policy. All clubs must have two Signing Authorities on file with the Union at all times to remain in good standing. Whether a signing authority is graduating, taking a semester abroad, or needs to pass on their role to a new authority mid-way through the academic year this form is required to be completed to transition your club’s responsibilities correctly.

How do you complete the Signing Authority Change Form?

Once your Club has selected the new Signing Authorities simply send an email to membership@trusu.ca indicating that you are requesting a change of signing authority. Once this email is processed, we will send you a personalized link to the online Signing Authority Change Form to complete and submit digitally.

Your club will receive a confirmation once the Signing Authorities have been officially updated.

Please keep in mind that all incoming signing authorities must be registered in an on-campus course at Thompson Rivers University.

Please Note: All Outgoing Singing Authorities must ensure that all Incoming Signing Authorities are made aware of the mandatory requirements and due dates (Club Operating Policy, Club Leaders Orientation, Clubs Insurance, Club Reports, etc.).

Need help?

If you need help with your application or have any questions, please contact the Membership Development Coordinator via email at clubs@trusu.ca