Introduction to Anti-Oppression Workshop
This training will provide a beginner’s introduction to equity, diversity, and challenging oppression where participants will discuss:
- What is oppression and positionality in society?
- Who are marginalized groups?
- What is anti-oppression and why does it matter?
- How you can start practicing anti-oppression in everyday life?
- Where you can go for support with equity issues in the community?
At the end of the session participants can:
- Summarize the concepts of oppression and positionality in society
- Identify marginalized communities in our society
- Scrutinize their own positions of power, privilege, and marginalization
- Propose strategies for navigating incidences of discrimination or harm when they occur
- Recall community supports that they can go to for help
Bookings are closed for this event.
Jan 14, 2021 at 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Who: TRUSU Equity Committee | email@example.com | 250.828.5289