As you know, this past week it was announced that in-person classes have been discontinued. Students will instead access their course content through Moodle, with digital and online classes beginning on Monday, March 23rd.
The transition to digital courses will look different depending on your program and the plan developed by your individual instructors. Instructors will be reaching out to you to provide details for your specific situation.
As we get ready to start classes once more, you may have questions about how your digital courses will be conducted and what support services will be offered by the university to assist you in finishing the term. We understand that this transition will be a new and unfamiliar experience, and we want to support you in finding the resources you need. To help you transition into online classes, we’re suggesting a few ways to effectively prepare.
- If you haven’t yet heard from your faculty member or instructor regarding a course you are in, contact them by email to ask about how you can access the course content and receive further instruction.
- If you have questions generally about your program, email your Program Administrator or the Dean of your Faculty.
- If you need additional support reach out to the variety of TRU services specialized in providing you with the information you need.
- If there is anything that we can do to support you in this transition please reach out. You can find all of our contact information below.
As of 4:00 PM March 17 we have made the difficult decision to close in-person operations at the Students’ Union Building. This has been done as an increased effort to mitigate the negative outcomes of the current health crisis through social distancing. All part-time student staff have been sent home with pay for regularly scheduled shifts. Full-time staff and representatives continue to work through alternative methods to provide support.
We recognize that in these uncertain times, students will require more support, not less and we want to assure you that we continue to be available through all of our digital channels. We are increasing the monitoring of our website, email, and social media and are available to answer your questions or provide you with further information and support as required. Please see our contact informaiton below.
|TRUSU Building||Common Grounds||Members’ Services Desk|
Links for More Information
We have compiled a series of links below to ensure that you have the most up to date information to make decisions that you feel are in the best interest of you and your family.
- TRU COVID-19 Updates
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- The BC Centre for Disease Control
- Interior Health
As your Students’ Union we are committed to being there for you and with you as we navigate this situation as a campus community. You can always reach out to us and we will do our best to support you and to get you the information you need to make decisions about your own situation.