The aim and purpose of the TRU Student Chapter of TWS is to:
- Provide opportunities for improved communication among individual members locally and with other student chapters, the Canadian section and the Wildlife Society.
- To augment the educational opportunities for students in natural resources, biological sciences and geography at Thompson Rivers University.
- To prepare members for careers in wildlife biology conservation and management.
- To encourage professionalism and high standards of scholarship.
- To foster campus and community awareness of Wildlife issues.
- To foster local knowledge of Wildlife biology, conservation, management and Wildlife issues.