The Thompson Rivers Union Students’ Union (TRUSU) is currently seeking volunteers to serve in student representative positions on university committees. The positions hold a term of Oct.1, 2021 to Sept. 30, 2022.
Being a student representative is a great learning opportunity because you will:
- Immerse yourself in a professional environment, and work closely with skilled and knowledgeable administrators, faculty, and staff
- Have an opportunity to make changes on issues you care about and that shape the student experience, by contributing to important campus decisions
- Earn formal recognition for your service by fulfilling key duties
It also requires a real commitment. You will be responsible for:
- Understanding and being prepared to participate in the university committee you will serve on. This will begin with a mandatory orientation on Saturday, Sept. 25, 2021
- Attending meetings of the university committee you will serve on — typically once a month for one to two hours. You will need to read agendas, prepare comments and questions, and seek any help in advance
- Attending meetings of the Student Caucus. The Caucus meets on the second Wednesday of each month between 6 and 8 p.m. pacific time. You are required to read agendas and prepare comments and questions in advance
In total, you will need to commit to scheduled meetings and other activities for approximately two hours per week.
If you are prepared to fulfill these responsibilities and excited to participate on our team of student representatives, please complete the application.