First Year Student Blackout
Please note that if you are a first year student, your plan date starts on September 01, 2022 but you will not be able to set up your Greenshield Account or make any claim until after the opt out deadline October 09, 2022 has passed. Please keep any receipts you have from health and dental services from September 01, 2022 to October 09, 2022 as you will be able to make those backdated claims once the blackout period is lifted. If you are a returning student you do not have a blackout period and can both make claims and set up your Greenshield Account right away.
How do I set up my Greenshield Account?
The first time you log on as a new student you will need to set up your Greenshield account in order to access your coverage. Follow the steps below to set up you account:
- Log on to the Greenshield Student Centre and select The Thompson Rivers University Students’ Union from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your TRU Student ID Number. This will give you your Plan Member ID Number if you don’t already know it.
- Once you have your Plan Member ID Number you click on the “Login” button located in the top right corner of the page and select “Login as Plan Member” from the drop down menu.
- You should now be on the gsceverywhere.ca page. Click the “Register your account” link below the “Log In” Button.
- You should now be on a page that says “Register Your Account”. Enter your Plan Member ID and your date of birth and click the “Next Button”.
- You should now be on a page that says “Two-Factor Authentication”. Check the box if you want to set up two factor authentication as an additional layer of security on your account. Click the “Next” button.
- You should now be on a page that says “Account Validation”. Enter the year of your birth and the last three digits of your TRU Student ID Number. For example, if your birthday was December 25, 1996 and your TRU ID number was T00011111. You would enter 1996111 and click the “Next” Button.
- You should now be on a page that says “Additional Validation”. You will be asked a question about your past claims experience to validate your registration. You must answer this question to proceed. Once you have answered. Click the “Next” button.
- You should now be on a page that says “Create Your Username”. Select a username that meets the parameters and click the “Next” button. Your username cannot be an email address.
- Your should now be on a page that says “Create Your Password”. Choose a password that matches the parameters and then re-enter it to confirm. Click the “Next” button.
- You shut now be on a page that says “Your Email Address”. Enter and confirm the email address you want to use for your health and dental plan. This is the email Greenshield will use to correspond with you. Click the “Next” button.
- You should now be on a page that says “Direct Deposit”. Click the “Next” button.
- You should now be on a page that says “Security Questions”. Choose any security questions you want and click the “All Done. Go to My Dashboard” button.
- You should now be on a page that says “Accept Terms and Conditions”. Review the Conditions and click the “Accept” button.
- And you’re set. You should now have access to your health and dental plan.
How do I log in to my Greenshield Account?
- Got the gsceverywhere.ca portal and click the “Log In” button. You must set up your Greenshield account before you can log in. Please follow the steps above if you do not already have a username and password.
- If you already have a username and password enter them and and click the “Log In” button.
- You should automatically be logged in to your Greenshield Everywhere Dashboard.